HENCHMEISTER'S COLLECTING GOALS FOR 2012!
1. Fully organize my Player Collections with pictures/scans. I have already started this one with my Ryan Kalish PC, but now I need to start doing this for my Wakefield and Ellsbury PCs.
2. Add at least 20 more cards to my Ryan Kalish PC. The current number stands at 27. His stuff can be had pretty cheaply, so this shouldn't be too difficult. I've been pretty lucky this year in being able to pick up a lot of his stuff pretty cheaply (due to injury, I should add), but that might not continue if he gets the starting right field job in June, or whenever he comes back. Hopefully I can pick up his 2008 Chrome Auto before that.
3. Add at least 30 cards plus an Auto/GU card to my Tim Wakefield PC. The current number is 44. This has been sort of surprising to me, as I have made a fair amount of progress with this collection. For whatever reason though, I haven't picked up a "hit" of his. I think I can do better next year.
4. Add at least 50 cards plus an Auto/GU card to my Jacoby Ellsbury PC. The current number is 31. The Eclectic Ellsbury Collection started out very slow, but in the last month or so, it's finally picking up steam with a couple of big trades. His stuff is easily available, so I don't think it will be that difficult to hit 81 by the end of next year.
5. Scale down my collection. I'm gonna be honest, I have way too much stuff. I think in the next week or so, I need to host a giveaway so I can get rid of some stuff. I should also make a few trades to bring in stuff I actually want. And, I need money, so I've started to sell a lot of stuff. But, seriously, I need to get rid of my unwanted cards.
6. Stop impulse wax purchases. Unless it's for a set I need, I don't need it. I don't have a lot of money to spend in the first place, so I shouldn't spend it on cards I don't need or will have any use for.
7. Start an interesting set collection. I just want to start a set that's different from your typical base set. I've been think about doing the 2010 Upper Deck Portrait insert set, or the 2009 Heritage Clubhouse Collection relic set. Both should not be too expensive.
8. Chip away at my wantlists. SEND ME 2010 UPDATES!
9. Be a better blogger. I'm prone to laziness, as you can tell. But, it's not that difficult to put together a 100 word blog post. Of course, it may not be the most quality material, but it still should be good.
So, these are my goals. Hopefully I can stay focused this upcoming year and continue piecing together a solid collection. See you in 2012!