Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Junk Wax Break: 2002 Upper Deck MVP

Who doesn't love junk wax?! Especially when its cheap and there ain't much in it, like with this box of 2002 Upper Deck MVP that I paid 25 bucks for!









What I got:

Base set:
182 out of 300 cards (60.7%)
No parallels

Inserts:
2 Ichiro: A Season to Remember (14, 18)

Mojo:
Jeff Kent Bat/Jersey Combo (1:144 Packs)

Review:
There's a reason why this box was 25 bucks. Like I said many times in the video, there ain't nutin' in it. The rookie selection is just horrible. The best rookie I pulled was a Brendan Donnelly, and that should explain everything you need to know about this product. The only insert is of the same player: Ichiro. It seems like this product was just built around Ichiro, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just they failed at making it look good. One insert of the same player=FAIL


I can honestly say the best part of this box was the hit, which was pretty good: Jeff Kent bat/jersey combo, a 1 in 6 box hit. And, it was cheap, so I don't feel like I wasted my money. CHEAP WAX=GOOD WAX!

Overall, this product is Not Hench Approved. But, if you have 25-35 bucks burning a hole in your pocket, buy a box and see for yourself what why this box sucks.

One last thing, the bat portion of that relic card had Jeff Kent's number 21 pressed into it. Seriously, is that necessary? I didn't think so either.

2 comments: