Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Trip to the LCS: Golds, Twinks, and Tim Wakefield

Some local card shops leave something to be desired. Not mine. Kenmore Collectibles is, in my opinion, the best run card shop in the Boston Area. The owners really know how to connect to the collector: reasonable wax prices, lots of cheap singles, sales and discounts, and so on and so forth.

So today, with a little extra time on my hands, I decided to make a run on the LCS. Here's the stuff I picked up while there.



Note to all: I Collect Wakefield (with a C, the Kollecting is reserved for Kalish). Just decided yesterday to start collecting the Ol Knuckleballer, so here's a start to my collection. Now up to whopping 6 cards! Woo!



I think I might go after the entire 2010 A&G Mini Set. I just really like the design of these cards. Now, I only have 348 of 350 to go; I only have this and Vernon Wells. Fun...



A Sonny Gray chrome for $.50? Eh, what the hell! Might be able to make a buck or two down the line. I've heard that he is the shit, but time will tell.



Now, this was an interesting find. For 3 bucks, a gold refractor of a guy that is hot this season. Morton is 6-2 with an ERA under 2.5 for the Bucco's this year. Think I can crack 5 bucks on eBay with this thing? (Yeah I'm selling it, I need money!)

I also bought I rack pack of 2011 Topps Series 1 while there (I figure the hobby wax was probably too expensive to buy, but who cares). I pulled this from the rack:



Yes, this is a David Price waste of space sparkle variation. I don't understand two things: why Topps makes these and how they are popular. It's only a little photoshopped lens flare,

WHAT'S THE BIG FRACKIN DEAL?!?!?!

Returning to cardbloggery, this was gonna be it from card shop, but the owner threw in a bonus:



These here are hobby store exclusive inserts. The owner said he usually distributes them one at a time, but he gave me 10 of them: Aaron, Pujols, Longoria, Heyward, Posey, Braun, Cano, Mauer, Howard, and Hamilton. I think these are kinda interesting inserts, very simple. Nothing overly special, just simple. I think I might go after the full set of these, so if you have any, shoot me a message and we can work out a deal.

And, if you're ever in the Boston Area, make a run over to Kenmore Collectibles, located on Commonwealth Ave in Kenmore Square in Boston, only a 5 minute walk from Fenway Pahk!

Oh, and short Bruins update: Alex Burrows is a tool and Tim Thomas is still God.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment